Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science
425 River Road, Athens, GA 30602-2771
Extension equine education
Breeding & Sales
Horse related newsletter articles
- Perennial Peanut Hay as a Roughage for Horses
- Do You Have "Horse" Quality Hay?
- Nutrients and Feeding Practices that May Be Responsible for Development
- Orthopedic Diseases in the Horse
- Was Your Horse Breeding Season a Mathematical Success?
- Is Alfalfa All It's Stacked Up to be for Horses?
- Is Alfalfa All It's Stacked Up to be for Horses? Part II - Diet Comparisons
- Winterizing Your Horse Barn
- What is Energy for the Horse?
- Can Horse Behavior Be Affected By Diet?
- Feeding Horses During A Hay Shortage
- Winterizing Your Horse Barn: What is A Clean, Sanitary Stall? (pdf)
- Managing Horses on a Few Acres - Part 1 (pdf)
- Managing Horses on a Few Acres - Part II (pdf)
- Managing Horses on a Few Acres - Part III, Year Round Schedule (pdf)
Dr. Kari Turner
Extension Equine Specialist
Phone: (706) 542-8588
Nutrition, 4-H, Production, Manages UGA Horse Unitstop